Caregiver Jobs: Boise & Englefield Green
Servant-leadership – The Secret to Beautiful Outcomes
See the Love Beneath our Roof
The caregiver jobs Boise and Englefield Green’s MorningStar communities have available are rewarding careers that will allow you to professionally and personally grow.
As a company of servant-minded, purpose-driven leaders, we seek individuals who are drawn to the most heroic, wise and fascinating members of our society: seniors. If you have the heart of a caregiver and would love to be a part of a team distinguished by benevolence, empowerment, and collaboration, we invite you to learn more about the career opportunities at MorningStar of Boise and MorningStar at Englefield Green.
Caregiver Jobs – Boise & Englefield Green
Where Love Shines Brightly!
As a MorningStar caregiver, you will love working for a company whose core values are love, kindness, honesty, goodness, fairness and respect. You will be welcomed into a team that recognizes the significance of investing in each other as well as our resident-families. As MorningStar was founded on the principle of honoring God in all aspects of our business practices and relationships, our anchoring duty is that of celebrating and elevating life for our residents and enriching our employees from the inside out.
While our residential homes may be architecturally beautiful and offer resort-style amenities, we feel most blessed to have assembled a dedicated, compassionate team. MorningStar of Boise offers seniors trusted independent and assisted living while MorningStar at Englefield Green specializes in caring for those with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Knowing our team is the very heartbeat of our brand, we invest generously in training, mentoring, and compensating. Ours is a culturally diverse workforce. While founded on Judeo-Christian principles, MorningStar wholeheartedly welcomes team members of all faiths and world views.
If you have a felt calling to serve and would love a career you can feel passionate about, please consider one of our caregiver jobs at our Boise and Englefield Green communities. As a MorningStar caregiver, you will be encouraged to use your special talents and gifts to help advance our Vision, Mission and Core Values.
MorningStar of Boise & Englefield Green’s unique mission statement: “to honor, to serve, to invest,” sets us apart from other senior living communities. We are committed to a foundation built upon honoring God and valuing all seniors, and are currently recruiting staff with a felt calling to serve seniors. Our MorningStar communities invite you to apply to one of our rewarding caregiver jobs at Boise & Englefield Green.
- Pass out room trays, assist residents with meals, escort to meals when needed, and verify that all assigned residents have received meals
- Keep assigned resident suites clean at all times and personal belongings in order
- Assist with development and review of the resident’s care plan in conjunction with other disciplines
- Ensure residents privacy, respect and dignity
- Assist in orienting new resident care managers
- Detect, correct, and report unsafe conditions which may result in harm to a resident
- Assure physical comfort, safety, and mental well-being of residents
- Assist in daily requirements and tasks in care and treatment of residents, such as toileting, grooming, bathing, feeding, dressing, observing intake of food, care of hair and nails, moving residents from area to area, responding to calls, etc
- Encourage and motivate residents to participate in occupational and physical therapies and other rehabilitative measures to promote activity of mind and body
- Lead or participate in the Life Enrichment Program and activities as assigned. Provide one on one time for those not able to participate
- Display genuine interest, patience and understanding to residents, families, visitors and team members
- Responsible for monitoring Care Managers in their adherence to company policy
- Assist with development and review of the residents care plans in conjunction with nurse and other disciplines
- Ensure residents’ privacy, respect and dignity
- Assist in orienting and training new Care Managers
- Assist in daily living activities and ensure comfort, safety and mental well-being of residents
- Observe and report symptoms, reactions, and changes of residents to your supervisor
- Immediately answer the emergency call system of each resident
- Encourage and motivate residents to participate in recreational, occupational, and physical therapies and other rehabilitative measures to promote activity of mind and body
- Assign care managers their daily assignments and breaks
- Administer and document regularly prescribed medications per the Medication Administration Record, observing the five rights for safe administering of medications and per physician orders
- Order meds from the pharmacy when and as prescribed 7 days prior to running out of meds, and as requested by the Wellness Director, to ensure that residents always have medications available. Ensure these medication arrive; if not notify the Wellness Director within 24 hrs
- Observe and report to the licensed nurse any reactions and side effects of medication administered to the residents
- Take and record vital signs prior to administration of medications which could affect or change vital signs as ordered by the Physician or Wellness Director
- Administer PRN medications per physician order
- Must document administration of all PRN medications according to state standards in all areas of the chart, including reason and result of the medication
- Ensures residents receiving oxygen have the correct liter flow, portable tanks are filled, and turned off when not in use. Must also ensure that the large liquid tanks are full and turned off when not in use and the oxygen tubing is switched out regularly and off the floor
- Ensures medication cart is kept clean, stocked, locked with medication administration book inside. Key the medication cart key on with you at all times not allowing another person to use during your shift