Caregiver Jobs – Idaho Falls
Choose to Serve in the Company of Heroes
See the Love Beneath our Roof
The caregiver jobs Idaho Falls’ MorningStar senior living community has posted offer individuals not only an exciting career opportunity, but a job that will bring a smile on your face.
Seeing our seniors as heroes deserving of the utmost respect, MorningStar of Idaho Falls’ hiring process starts by looking for individuals with Great Hearts. Whether it is in service to our cherished residents, service to fellow staff, or service to God, our team members have the opportunity to make a positive difference in people’s lives and the world around them. As we like to say, If you hang out with heroes, you may just become one yourself!
Caregiver Jobs: Idaho Falls’ Premier Community
Offers a Path to the Extraordinary
MorningStar’s caregivers enable residents to live as independently and comfortably as possible. As one of our compassionate caregivers, yours with be a centerpiece role in building strong relationships with our residents as you assist with their daily personal care activities. You will also have opportunities for career advancement and the development of your special talents.
We are deliberate in creating a culture defined less by what we do it than why we do it, knowing we could not accomplish our vision without the unwavering commitment of an engaged team. Our mission inspires us to invest generously in our team’s success and provide meaningful training and comprehensive benefits. We are comfortable in praising God throughout our home as MorningStar was founded on Judeo-Christian beliefs, but we welcome team members of all faiths and world views.
MorningStar’s goal is to create a supportive work environment that allows our team to recognize the magnitude of their contributions to society and the fulfillment that comes from service. Along with our commitment to seniors, we invest time and talent on charitable projects around our community and around the world. If you would like to join a team of service professionals who feel called, connected and empowered, please apply to one of our caregiver jobs in Idaho Falls’ most trusted senior living community.
At MorningStar of Idaho Falls, our distinct mission statement: “to honor, to serve, to invest,” sets us apart from other senior living communities. With a foundation built on honoring God and valuing all seniors, we are currently recruiting staff with a felt calling to serve seniors. If you have always had a special place in your heart for seniors, please consider one of our rewarding caregiver jobs in Idaho Falls.
- Pass out room trays, assist residents with meals, escort to meals when needed, and verify that all assigned residents have received meals
- Keep assigned resident suites clean at all times and personal belongings in order
- Assist with development and review of the resident’s care plan in conjunction with other disciplines
- Ensure residents privacy, respect and dignity
- Assist in orienting new resident care managers
- Detect, correct, and report unsafe conditions which may result in harm to a resident
- Assure physical comfort, safety, and mental well-being of residents
- Assist in daily requirements and tasks in care and treatment of residents, such as toileting, grooming, bathing, feeding, dressing, observing intake of food, care of hair and nails, moving residents from area to area, responding to calls, etc
- Encourage and motivate residents to participate in occupational and physical therapies and other rehabilitative measures to promote activity of mind and body
- Lead or participate in the Life Enrichment Program and activities as assigned. Provide one on one time for those not able to participate
- Display genuine interest, patience and understanding to residents, families, visitors and team members
- Responsible for monitoring Care Managers in their adherence to company policy
- Assist with development and review of the residents care plans in conjunction with nurse and other disciplines
- Ensure residents’ privacy, respect and dignity
- Assist in orienting and training new Care Managers
- Assist in daily living activities and ensure comfort, safety and mental well-being of residents
- Observe and report symptoms, reactions, and changes of residents to your supervisor
- Immediately answer the emergency call system of each resident
- Encourage and motivate residents to participate in recreational, occupational, and physical therapies and other rehabilitative measures to promote activity of mind and body
- Assign care managers their daily assignments and breaks
- Administer and document regularly prescribed medications per the Medication Administration Record, observing the five rights for safe administering of medications and per physician orders
- Order meds from the pharmacy when and as prescribed 7 days prior to running out of meds, and as requested by the Wellness Director, to ensure that residents always have medications available. Ensure these medication arrive; if not notify the Wellness Director within 24 hrs
- Observe and report to the licensed nurse any reactions and side effects of medication administered to the residents
- Take and record vital signs prior to administration of medications which could affect or change vital signs as ordered by the Physician or Wellness Director
- Administer PRN medications per physician order
- Must document administration of all PRN medications according to state standards in all areas of the chart, including reason and result of the medication
- Ensures residents receiving oxygen have the correct liter flow, portable tanks are filled, and turned off when not in use. Must also ensure that the large liquid tanks are full and turned off when not in use and the oxygen tubing is switched out regularly and off the floor
- Ensures medication cart is kept clean, stocked, locked with medication administration book inside. Key the medication cart key on with you at all times not allowing another person to use during your shift