Caregiver Jobs: Phoenix’s Most Respected – MorningStar Senior Living
Work that matters…find it here
If you love the idea of serving others, we invite you to apply to one of the several caregiver jobs Phoenix’s MorningStar Senior Living communities are currently offering.
We seek exceptional individuals who feel called, connected and empowered, and who understand the importance of investing in each other as much as in our resident-families. MorningStar’s dedicated team of caregivers provides the help our incredible residents need to lead healthy, comfortable and engaged lives. Along with assisting residents with activities of daily living, our caregivers are encouraged to build strong relationships with them. MorningStar’s residential homes are located in and around the Phoenix area.
Caregiver Jobs – Help Celebrate and Elevate the Lives of Our Residents
How many times have you wished for a career that was professionally and personally fulfilling? Caregiver jobs at Phoenix’s MorningStar communities offer just that. Right from the start, you will be treated as an integral part of a team of distinguished professionals and be provided training that will not only change our residents’ lives, but your own.
While our communities are beautiful, welcoming homes distinguished by exceptional architecture and meticulous attention to detail, the thing we are most proud of is our extraordinary team. We know without them, the heart of the home, we could not provide the level of care our brand insists on. To attract the best, we offer competitive wages and comprehensive benefits. We also function 24/7, and offer a variety of shifts and full- and part-time positions, and work with staff members to accommodate their own families’ schedules.
MorningStar’s goal is to create the ultimate workplace where team members recognize the magnitude of their contributions to society and the intrinsic fulfillment that comes when we make a difference in someone’s life. Our hiring process starts with looking for virtues such as character, kindness and selflessness; and we are committed to hiring and retaining employees who use creative minds and compassionate hearts to serve our residents. If you love to serve seniors, we invite you to join the MorningStar family.
At MorningStar Senior Living, our unique mission statement: “to honor, to serve, to invest,” sets us apart from other senior living communities. We are committed to a foundation built upon honoring God and valuing all seniors, and are currently recruiting staff with a felt calling to serve seniors. If you have the heart of a caregiver, please consider one of MorningStar’s fulfilling caregiver jobs in Phoenix.
Live “Twice the Story” at MorningStar
Real stories about very real relationships…“Because I know you, I am changed.”
- Pass out room trays, assist residents with meals, escort to meals when needed, and verify that all assigned residents have received meals
- Keep assigned resident suites clean at all times and personal belongings in order
- Assist with development and review of the resident’s care plan in conjunction with other disciplines
- Ensure residents privacy, respect and dignity
- Assist in orienting new resident care managers
- Detect, correct, and report unsafe conditions which may result in harm to a resident
- Assure physical comfort, safety, and mental well-being of residents
- Assist in daily requirements and tasks in care and treatment of residents, such as toileting, grooming, bathing, feeding, dressing, observing intake of food, care of hair and nails, moving residents from area to area, responding to calls, etc
- Encourage and motivate residents to participate in occupational and physical therapies and other rehabilitative measures to promote activity of mind and body
- Lead or participate in the Life Enrichment Program and activities as assigned. Provide one on one time for those not able to participate
- Display genuine interest, patience and understanding to residents, families, visitors and team members
- Responsible for monitoring Care Managers in their adherence to company policy
- Assist with development and review of the residents care plans in conjunction with nurse and other disciplines
- Ensure residents’ privacy, respect and dignity
- Assist in orienting and training new Care Managers
- Assist in daily living activities and ensure comfort, safety and mental well-being of residents
- Observe and report symptoms, reactions, and changes of residents to your supervisor
- Immediately answer the emergency call system of each resident
- Encourage and motivate residents to participate in recreational, occupational, and physical therapies and other rehabilitative measures to promote activity of mind and body
- Assign care managers their daily assignments and breaks
- Administer and document regularly prescribed medications per the Medication Administration Record, observing the five rights for safe administering of medications and per physician orders
- Order meds from the pharmacy when and as prescribed 7 days prior to running out of meds, and as requested by the Wellness Director, to ensure that residents always have medications available. Ensure these medication arrive; if not notify the Wellness Director within 24 hrs
- Observe and report to the licensed nurse any reactions and side effects of medication administered to the residents
- Take and record vital signs prior to administration of medications which could affect or change vital signs as ordered by the Physician or Wellness Director
- Administer PRN medications per physician order
- Must document administration of all PRN medications according to state standards in all areas of the chart, including reason and result of the medication
- Ensures residents receiving oxygen have the correct liter flow, portable tanks are filled, and turned off when not in use. Must also ensure that the large liquid tanks are full and turned off when not in use and the oxygen tubing is switched out regularly and off the floor
- Ensures medication cart is kept clean, stocked, locked with medication administration book inside. Key the medication cart key on with you at all times not allowing another person to use during your shift