Caregiver Jobs Albuquerque & Rio Rancho
Join a Distinguished Team of Service Professionals
Work that matters…find it here
We are looking for “Great Hearts” to fill the caregiver jobs Albuquerque and Rio Rancho’s MorningStar senior living communities have available.
These positions offer an opportunity to grow professionally and personally as you join a distinguished team of service professionals committed to making a difference in the lives of seniors: our society’s heroes. Caregivers are trained and coached in Radiance, our Service Excellence initiative, by which we recognize even residents’ unexpressed needs, nurture connections, and deliver service with warmth, sincerity and depth of purpose. MorningStar of Albuquerque and MorningStar of Rio Rancho seek extraordinary individuals who seek to play a role in a bigger Story.
Caregiver Jobs – Albuquerque & Rio Rancho
When You Hang out with Heroes, You May Become One Yourself!
At MorningStar our principal goal is to meet our residents’ social, emotional, physical and spiritual needs as we provide them with a comfortable home and compassionate care. This requires building a team that feels called, connected, and empowered and who understands the importance of investing in each other as well as in our resident-families.
MorningStar team members are encouraged to explore their unique talents and to realize their full potential. We reward these efforts by promoting from within whenever possible and by providing competitive wages and comprehensive benefits. As a MorningStar caregiver, you will provide the services our cherished residents need to ensure their comfort, safety and well-being while enjoying the support of a caring, loving team in a family setting.
Our compassionate service is guided by Radiance, our proprietary culture initiative. With its tagline, “Service Become Us,” its precepts are fostered daily for only with practice does it truly become part of our core. To promote a healthy work-life balance, we try to accommodate shift preferences and to present predictable schedules. We are proud to have a diverse workforce, and invite you to discover the joy of working in an environment with the core values of Love, Kindness, Honesty, Goodness, Fairness and Respect. Apply today to one of our caregiver jobs at Albuquerque and Rio Rancho’s beautiful communities.
MorningStar of Albuquerque & MorningStar of Rio Rancho share the mission of the entire MorningStar company: “to honor God, to value all seniors, to invest generously in our team”; by this are we animated; by this are we set apart. If you have a felt calling to serve seniors and seek a rewarding career as caregiver, please apply to one of our assisted living jobs in Albuquerque & Rio Rancho.
Live “Twice the Story” at MorningStar
Real stories about very real relationships…“Because I know you, I am changed.”
- Pass out room trays, assist residents with meals, escort to meals when needed, and verify that all assigned residents have received meals
- Keep assigned resident suites clean at all times and personal belongings in order
- Assist with development and review of the resident’s care plan in conjunction with other disciplines
- Ensure residents privacy, respect and dignity
- Assist in orienting new resident care managers
- Detect, correct, and report unsafe conditions which may result in harm to a resident
- Assure physical comfort, safety, and mental well-being of residents
- Assist in daily requirements and tasks in care and treatment of residents, such as toileting, grooming, bathing, feeding, dressing, observing intake of food, care of hair and nails, moving residents from area to area, responding to calls, etc
- Encourage and motivate residents to participate in occupational and physical therapies and other rehabilitative measures to promote activity of mind and body
- Lead or participate in the Life Enrichment Program and activities as assigned. Provide one on one time for those not able to participate
- Display genuine interest, patience and understanding to residents, families, visitors and team members
- Responsible for monitoring Care Managers in their adherence to company policy
- Assist with development and review of the residents care plans in conjunction with nurse and other disciplines
- Ensure residents’ privacy, respect and dignity
- Assist in orienting and training new Care Managers
- Assist in daily living activities and ensure comfort, safety and mental well-being of residents
- Observe and report symptoms, reactions, and changes of residents to your supervisor
- Immediately answer the emergency call system of each resident
- Encourage and motivate residents to participate in recreational, occupational, and physical therapies and other rehabilitative measures to promote activity of mind and body
- Assign care managers their daily assignments and breaks
- Administer and document regularly prescribed medications per the Medication Administration Record, observing the five rights for safe administering of medications and per physician orders
- Order meds from the pharmacy when and as prescribed 7 days prior to running out of meds, and as requested by the Wellness Director, to ensure that residents always have medications available. Ensure these medication arrive; if not notify the Wellness Director within 24 hrs
- Observe and report to the licensed nurse any reactions and side effects of medication administered to the residents
- Take and record vital signs prior to administration of medications which could affect or change vital signs as ordered by the Physician or Wellness Director
- Administer PRN medications per physician order
- Must document administration of all PRN medications according to state standards in all areas of the chart, including reason and result of the medication
- Ensures residents receiving oxygen have the correct liter flow, portable tanks are filled, and turned off when not in use. Must also ensure that the large liquid tanks are full and turned off when not in use and the oxygen tubing is switched out regularly and off the floor
- Ensures medication cart is kept clean, stocked, locked with medication administration book inside. Key the medication cart key on with you at all times not allowing another person to use during your shift