What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you through our website may be used in any of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website – we continually strive to improve our website based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To enhance your web browsing experience and to provide you with the information you seek in an efficient manner.
- To send periodic emails to the email address you provide through our Contact Us form. We will only use that email address to send you information that you request and to add you to our mailing list/newsletter.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent.
What information do we collect?
When contacting or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. This will be the only personal information that we would collect. You are not required to disclose any personal information to access our services. You may, however, visit our site anonymously and in such a case, the information we collect from your visit to our website would not be personal. To the extent you post information or upload information to our website and make it available for general viewing, we will not be able to treat that information as confidential. You may access, change, or delete such information pursuant to the “Your Choices” section below. Please do not submit patient health information through our website.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
How do we collect information?
We collect certain information when you either apply online for employment or when you fill out the contact us form on our website. In addition, we utilize certain technology tools to collect additional information such as cookies and IP addresses. The collection of this information is primarily used to track website usage.
We may collect IP addresses for system administration and internal tracking. When you visit our site, our servers log the IP addresses only. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable.
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our rights or the rights of others. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
California Do Not Track (DNT) Signals
What is a DNT Signal?
Currently, various internet browsers offer a DNT option that relies on a technology known as a DNT header that sends a signal to websites visiting by the browser user about the user’s DNT preferences. You can usually access your browser’s DNT option in your browser’s preferences.
How do we respond?
We do not track our users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore this site does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Accordingly, a DNT standard has not been adopted.
You can request access to your personal information (if any) that we keep on record and we will provide you with access to such personal information. We take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete, up-to-date and not misleading, and you may request the correction or deletion of any personal information collected. You have a right to request that we disclose what personal information we have collected and use. There is no fee for requesting access to your personal information, but we may require you to verify your identity before granting you access to such information. Please contact us at the email or phone number below to make requests regarding your personal information, or to designate an authorized agent to make such requests on your behalf.
Before providing you with the ability to delete or receive personal information, you may be required to re-authenticate yourself by entering your account password, if applicable. If we believe that there is fraudulent or malicious activity on a password-protected account, we may require additional verification procedures to confirm the consumer request is authentic. For non-password protected accounts, we do not collect any personal information.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
MorningStar may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at the contact information below.
Under Chapter 3 of the GDPR, you have certain rights, including:
1. The right to be informed: This means anyone processing your personal data must make clear what they are processing, why they are processing it, and who else the data may be passed to.
2. The right of access: This is your right to see what data is held about you by a Data Controller.
3. The right to rectification: The right to have your data corrected or amended if what is held is incorrect in some way.
4. The right to erasure: Under certain circumstances you can ask for your personal data to be deleted. This is also called ‘the Right to be Forgotten’. This would apply if the personal data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for, or your consent for the processing of that data has been withdrawn, or the personal data has been unlawfully processed.
5. The right to restrict processing: This gives you the right to ask for a temporary halt to processing of personal data, such as in the case where a dispute or legal case has to be concluded, or the data is being corrected.
6. The right to data portability: You have the right to ask for any data supplied directly to the Data Controller by him or her, to be provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
7. The right to object: You have the right to object to further processing of your data which is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which it was collected, including profiling, automation and direct marketing.
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA, if applicable.
If you have a question about this Privacy Statement or our handling of your information, you can send an e-mail to Lorna Lee, VP of Marketing and Communications, email@example.com. You can also contact us at: 303.750.5522. If you no longer wish to receive emails, newsletters or other communications from MorningStar, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.