What Makes MorningStar Senior Living Different
MorningStar’s Vision to love and honor others stretches beyond its senior living communities—and into the world.
The stars above are a perfect symbol of what we do at MorningStar Senior Living and why we exist. As the stars in the sky are beautiful and God-inspired and light-bearing, we too, as a company, aspire to be beautiful and God-inspired and light-bearing.
The MorningStar difference is rooted in our opening chapter and the philosophy of Founder/CEO, Ken Jaeger. Born into a large midwestern family, Ken went on to forge a 15-year career as a leader in senior housing at which point he decided to launch his own brand rooted in a vision of what the ideal senior living community could and should be.
The result 18 years later is a constellation of senior communities that embody the inspiration Ken first found in the pages of Scripture: “I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.” (Revelation 22:16)
Three deeply held principles illustrate what makes MorningStar communities different.
- Honor God in our business practices and relationships — a commitment to strong moral values and ethics
- Value all seniors as gifted and contributing individuals — a commitment to creating a community that promotes a healthy, engaged lifestyle, while providing security and independence
- Invest generously in our team’s ability to serve well — a commitment to hiring and retaining employees who use creative minds and compassionate hearts to serve residents
In everything we do at MorningStar, we are guided by this three-pronged mission. It’s our moral compass and True North.
Yet to deliver on our brand promises, it’s not enough to follow a mission rooted in heart. The best companies, the ones advancing a better world, are those Intentional about building healthy culture.
We begin by hiring for heart; ask any team member to share what motivates them most at MorningStar. Radiance gives us a framework through which we can then empower each other to be servant-leaders. The principles of Radiance are taught through formal team training. Then daily we have a variety of ways to remind each other about our Service Values and the radiant acts that are to distinguish us.
MorningStar’s Vision to love and honor others stretches beyond its senior living communities—and into the world. We are intentional about leaving a heritage of generosity through the work of The MorningStar Foundation, through which we offer abiding support to philanthropic initiatives. Our attentions are two-pronged: International and Local nonprofits. For a better understanding of who and how we support, read here: https://www.morningstarseniorliving.com/foundation/.
Maintaining a sense of independence is essential
Whether needing a little help or more intensive care, seniors put a high value on independence. We all do, at any age. Understanding independence is central to a purpose-driven life, we put a premium on encouraging residents to do as much as they can for themselves. At the same time, we make it easy to ask for and receive whatever help is needed.
- Independent Living at MorningStar is a refreshing change of lifestyle that offers built-in companionship, predictable budgeting, activities and programming, and delicious meals you no longer need to cook. The result is stress-free living, a season that extends independence and allows residents to continue the adventure on their own terms.
- Assisted Living There comes a time in life when you need someone to lean on. Assisted Living at MorningStar opens up the possibility for honest and transparent relationships in which both residents and the care team can receive—and give—love. It becomes a lovely exchange of mutual blessing.
- Memory Care Every day, seniors and their families come to us swirling with emotions from a prognosis of Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia. In such a season, MorningStar is called to take up the rewarding work of bringing peace and purpose. Lavender Sky is our philosophy and programming in service to the memory-impaired.
In all lifestyle neighborhoods, we find creative ways to educate families and protect seniors’ rights, helping them navigate the journey of aging and its complexities.
Spiritual and social connected keeps seniors healthier and happier
Whether it’s nurturing their relationship with God or simply knowing they can look forward to enjoying the company of friends, MorningStar makes every resident’s spiritual and emotional connection a priority. Studies have shown that seniors who actively practice their faith and interact with others see a measurable improvement in the quality and length of their lives.
A holistic, faith-centered approach to retirement provides peace of mind for everyone
Living in a safe, stimulating environment that encourages connections isn’t just good for seniors, it’s good for those who love them. Knowing we are dedicated to meeting our residents’ social, emotional, physical, and spiritual needs provides a deep sense of peace and comfort for the entire family..
MorningStar Senior Living
If your loved one lives far from family and friends, it could be time to consider a senior living community filled with the companionship of fellow seniors and a compassionate staff. At MorningStar Senior Living, a 24/7 team is dedicated to offering care and hospitality services that meet a resident’s individual needs.
While the company was founded on a Judeo-Christian tradition, we honor all faith systems and worldviews at MorningStar among our team members and residents. It is our responsibility to honor spiritual preferences as part of caring for the whole person.